NetApp INSIGHT 2019 in Las Vegas: Hardware Announcement Roundup
I just wanted to highlight a couple of things that I thought were noteworthy.
We have new high-end and midrange All-Flash FAS (AFF) and Fabric-Attached Storage (FAS) systems. These are the new AFF 400 and FAS 8300 and 8700, respectively.
So why would I want one (or more)? Well, generally, you get more! The AFF 400 has more than its predecessor, the AFF 300.
- More cores: up to 42 cores to be exact, all thanks to the latest Intel CPU technology (Cascade Lake)!
- More connectivity options with 25Gb and 100Gb, so you can have all the bandwidth you want!
- More disk: up to 480 Solid State Drives (SSD) to be exact!
Much the same as the new AFF 400, the FAS 8300 and 8700 give us more! But just how much more? Well…
- More cores: up to 42 cores of the latest Intel CPU technology Cascade Lake goodness!
- More connectivity options with 25Gb and 100Gb (that’s a lot of bandwidth)!
- More disk: up to 720 drives of your choice!
So basically, you get can have it bigger, stronger, and faster. This is all well and good but the real magic in my opinion is NetApp’s ONTAP OS! This is where things really get interesting.
So stay tuned, there is certainly some ONTAP goodness coming your way!